Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(September 1992)

Subject: Re: paper (in progress) - general overview of firewalls -
From: "George M. Weaver" <weaver @ astro . psu . edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 92 09:44:49 EDT
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

> > All criticisms gratefully accepted.
>
> OK.  I think it's pretty damn rude to drop unsolicited 60K files into my
> mailbox.  Particularly ones I can't do anything with.

I'd like to stand up for those of us who appreciate mjr sharing his
considered opinions with us, and would encourage others to do so.
His paper is a valuable attempt to organize and clarify a hitherto
murky subject.  It is obviously based on his direct experiences in
the field and is precisely the type of information I was hoping to
obtain through this list.  And from comments by others on the list,
I suspect I'm not the only one who receives substantial benefits from
such postings.

Marcus, you can send me papers like that any time.

   -George Weaver
    Computing Facilities Manager
    The Pennsylvania State University

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: RE: paper in progress