Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(September 1992)

Subject: Re: conversion to digest
From: Richard Childers <rchilder @ us . oracle . com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 92 10:28:19 PDT
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

"In the mean time, if you don't want to deal with the volume, I suggest
 you unsubscribe ..."

Well, what we may do here at Oracle is set up a subscription which just
spools the postings for our reading.

But that doesn't make for good participation, IMHO. That makes for a
bunch of lurkers, which, I would guess, is not what you want.

If you want participation of knowledgeable people, you might consider
taking into account their inevitably busy schedules.

Just my uneducated opinion ...

-- richard

=====
-- richard childers		rchilder @
 us .
 oracle .
 com		1 415 506 2411
         oracle data center  --  unix systems & network administration

                    Klein flask for rent. Inquire within.

Indexed By Date Previous: Mail and gateways