Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(September 1992)

Subject: Re: paper (in progress) - general overview of firewalls -
From: "Barry Archer, UMKC NOC" <archerb @ gawain . umkc . edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 92 12:44:18 -0500
Cc: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

> You recently wrote:
> >
> >	This is a paper I'm in the process of beating into shape to present.
> >I'll take the chance of getting minor burns by posting it here for critique.
> >The paper is intended to be a general overview of some of the kinds of
> >things people might be trying to do with firewalls, and the types of
> >approaches and risks. It's a convoluted topic - possibly I've bitten off mor
> >than I can chew. All criticisms gratefully accepted.
> >
> >mjr.
> >
> >[endless postscript deleted]

  Actually, the only problem I had was that I never got to see it! - I didn't
realize it was coming and when my dxmail started to pull it in, everything
blew up...:-(.  I'd prefer the ftp access just to avoid motif/mailer problems
(I have *no* idea what happened, except my window manager died when I tried to
read the message...).

Barry Archer, UMKC
archerb @
 gawain .