Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(September 1992)

From: rjq @ phys . ksu . edu (Rob Quinn)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 92 14:29:08 CDT
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

 This might have already been said, but since I can't seem to catch up on
all of my new mail....

>Based on all the traffic so far, I feel that a Usenet newsgroup would
>serve the needs of this topic much better than this mailing list.

 That's a good idea, but doesn't it take a while to form a new usenet group?
Maybe we could have an alt.firewalls until then?

>From the "Firewalls @
 GreatCircle .
 COM is open for business" intro:

>All messages to the list are being archived.  A copy of the archive
>is available by anonymous FTP from host FTP.GreatCircle.COM, directory
>"pub/archive", compressed file "firewalls.Z".  The copy of the archive
>available by anonymous FTP is updated every night at midnight local time
>(0700 GMT in the summer, 0800 GMT in the winter).

 How about making two lists, one with the current setup, and one as a digest
list. Use the archive update that is generated each night as a daily digest.

--
|                                                                Rob Quinn |
|                                                         rjq @
 phys .
 ksu .
 edu |