Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(September 1992)

Subject: SUMMARY: internet addresses
From: lindy @ olsen . ch (Lindy Foster)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 92 14:33:18 +0200
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

I sheepishly asked:
>Here's a possibly dumb question.  We are getting ready to be live on the
>net.  Until now we have been strictly a uucp site.  We will have a firewall
>machine.  But there is one question that I can't seem to get my mind
>around regarding IP addresses.  We, like probably every isolated site,
>have all of our internal machines' IP addresses of the form 192.9.20?.*
>(mostly 192.9.200, alas!).  We have been assigned a real class C address
>space.  But do I have to worry about IP address conflicts if I just
>leave the inhouse machine as is, and have them talk to the firewall,
>which is on the net at our assigned IP address?

The consensus is that not only do we _need_ to change the IP addresses
inhouse, but the sooner the better.  Thanks to the following, this is
already a great mailing list!

<robert @
 sys .
 sweden .
 dg .
 com>	Robert Claeson
<randy @
 rain .
 psg .
 com>		Randy Bush
<sysnmc @
 chron .
 com>		Matt Cohen
<davidsen @
 ariel .
 crd .
 ge .
 com>	william E Davidsen
<autodesk!autodesk .
 com!zaphod @
 fernwood .
 mpk .
 ca .
 us>
				Kris Zaphod Kahn
<brian @
 lloyd .
 com>		Brian Lloyd

			*lindy*
lindy @
 olsen .
 ch

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: none + some VS all - some