Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(January 1993)

Subject: Re: Sun's itelnet and iftp?
From: Phill Everson <phill @ sequent . com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 93 10:53:07 GMT
To: Donald R. Proctor (510/596-3828) <donp @ sybase . com>
Cc: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

iftp & itelnet were distributed as part of the Sun Consulting Special
IGateway package last time I looked. The actual modifications made
to the base daemons was fairly simple though.

Hope this helps

Phill Everson
Sequent UK

On Jan 6,  5:49pm, Donald R. Proctor     (510/596-3828) wrote:
} Subject: Sun's itelnet and iftp?
> Can anyone tell me how Sun's itelnet and iftp are distributed?
>
> Aside from the fact that these "proxy" applications are largely
> unavailable for non-Sun platforms, it seems to me that they provide
> a more secure approach than allowing user accounts on the firewall
> host.
>
> Any opinions?
>
> Don Proctor
> Sybase Computer Systems
> <donp @
 sybase .
 com>
}-- End of excerpt from Donald R. Proctor     (510/596-3828)

--

Indexed By Date Previous: [no subject]