Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(February 1993)

Subject: Free proxy ftp/telnet in Perl: beta
From: "G. Paul Ziemba" <paul @ alantec . com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 93 16:34:38 -0800
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

    As promised, here is where you can snarf the beta version of
my tcpr software, which acts as a telnet/ftp gateway across a
firewall host.

    I have run it on Sun systems with SunOS 4.1.  It's perl,
so (theoretically) it will work on other systems.

Please email me bug reports, etc.

 ~!paul

Site			File
----			----
ftp.cs.umb.edu		pub/security/tcpr-1.1.shar
ftp.psg.com		pub/unix/netware/tcpr-1.1.shar
ftp.denet.dk		pub/misc/tcpr/tcpr-1.1.shar
grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr	pub/unix/network/tcpip/security/tcpr-1.1.shar.z

Note regarding grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr:
------------------------------------
Christophe Wolfhugel <Christophe .
 Wolfhugel @
 grasp .
 insa-lyon .
 fr> wrote:

    I did not mistype its .z not .Z (.z is GNU's gzip, mucho better than
    compress).  I encourage all sites to use this.

    The ftp server I use allows on-line decompression and format
    conversion. This will be useful for those not willing to install gzip.

    get tcpr-1.1.shar          will get the uncompressed archive
    get tcpr-1.1.shar.Z        will get it compressed instead of zipped.

    Of course only the gzipped file appears in the file listing.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: e-mail behind a firewall