Subject: Firewalls Digest V2 #44
From: Firewalls-Digest-Owner @ GreatCircle . COM
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 93 01:00:05 PST
To: Firewalls-Digest @ GreatCircle . COM

Firewalls Digest           Tuesday, 9 March 1993       Volume 02 : Number 044

In this issue:

	What package do I need?

See the end of the digest for information on subscribing to the Firewalls
or Firewalls-Digest mailing lists and on how to retrieve back issues.

>From: Ted Ashton <ashted @
 saturn .
 wwc .
 edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 93 15:28:00 PST
Subject: What package do I need?

Greetings,
  I am a rather new SysAdmin on a Dell SysV R4 system, and am trying to setup
selective routing for our site.  I would like to accomplish this in two steps,
as one is an order of magnitude more important than the other.  First, I would
like to allow one set of addresses (specifying both a range and specific
addresses) complete access to the net.  Second I would like to allow another
set of addresses the ability to connect outbound, but to appear disconnected
from the outside (proxy type of application).  The Dell machine I am on is
in between the net and us (two network cards), and currently is not routing
at all.  So it will be the firewall.  I have found socks, which seems to be
a pretty good solution to part 2, but for part 1, which is what we need the
most, I don't know where to look.
- --
Ted Ashton  (ashted @
 wwc .
 edu)
Campus Computer Center   (509) 527-2307
Walla Walla College
College Place, WA  99324           "The slide rule liveth still."

    subscribe firewalls-digest

in the body of a message to "Majordomo @
 GreatCircle .
 COM".  If you want
to subscribe something other than the account the mail is coming from,
such as a local redistribution list, then append that address to the
"subscribe" command; for example, to subscribe "local-firewalls":

    subscribe firewalls-digest local-firewalls @
 your .
 domain .
 net

A non-digest (direct mail) version of this list is also available; to
subscribe to that instead, replace all instances of "firewalls-digest"
in the commands above with "firewalls".

Compressed back issues are available for anonymous FTP from
FTP.GreatCircle.COM, in pub/firewalls/digest/vNN.nMMM.Z (where "NN"
is the volume number, and "MMM" is the issue number).

Indexed By Date Previous: What package do I need?