Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(September 1993)

Subject: Serious security bug in MorningStar PPP
From: Brent Chapman <brent @ GreatCircle . COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1993 09:03:22 -0700
To: Firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

This notice just came out from MorningStar Technologies this morning.  I
thought it was important enough to forward to the Firewalls mailing list.

I have great confidence in MorningStar; I think they make a good product,
and I think they provide good customer support.  I think they have acted
very admirably in publicizing this bug and the fix, rather than quietly
sweeping it under the rug and fixing it in a future release.  I wish I
could say the same about all the other vendors in this market.

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman                                   Great Circle Associates
Brent @