Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(February 1994)

Subject: Re: NFS mounts
From: Ken Weaverling <weave @ hopi . dtcc . edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 1994 07:35:45 -0500 (EST)
To: Conan <pascal @ netcom . com>
Cc: Firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

On Wed, 2 Feb 1994, Conan wrote:

> In closing, I'd like to note that there are at least two sites with far
> tighter security ... try rpcinfo on, say, research.att.com, compared to
> gatekeeper.dec.com ... or compare the latter with gatekeeper.oracle.com.

Just for the record, gatekeeper.dec.com publishes their site as a public
NFS mount site.  That is not an accident...

>From their readme.nfs file in their ftp root...

Gatekeeper's anonymous FTP archive is exported via read-only NFS to the whole
universe.  If you're running an ULTRIX (SUN) type automounter, we
recommend the use of following mount table:

archive \
        /       -ro,intr,soft,bg        gatekeeper.dec.com:/archive \
        /.1     -ro,intr,soft,bg        gatekeeper.dec.com:/archive/.1 \
        /.2     -ro,intr,soft,bg        gatekeeper.dec.com:/archive/.2 \
        /.3     -ro,intr,soft,bg        gatekeeper.dec.com:/archive/.3 \
        /.4     -ro,intr,soft,bg        gatekeeper.dec.com:/archive/.4 \
        /.5     -ro,intr,soft,bg        gatekeeper.dec.com:/archive/.5 \
        /.6     -ro,intr,soft,bg        gatekeeper.dec.com:/archive/.6 \
        /.7     -ro,intr,soft,bg        gatekeeper.dec.com:/archive/.7 \
        /.8     -ro,intr,soft,bg        gatekeeper.dec.com:/archive/.8 \
        /.9     -ro,intr,soft,bg        gatekeeper.dec.com:/archive/.9 \
        /.a     -ro,intr,soft,bg        gatekeeper.dec.com:/archive/.a \
        /.b     -ro,intr,soft,bg        gatekeeper.dec.com:/archive/.b \
        /.c     -ro,intr,soft,bg        gatekeeper.dec.com:/archive/.c \
        /.d     -ro,intr,soft,bg        gatekeeper.dec.com:/archive/.d \
        /.e     -ro,intr,soft,bg        gatekeeper.dec.com:/archive/.e \
        /.f     -ro,intr,soft,bg        gatekeeper.dec.com:/archive/.f