Subject: X through a firewall
From: dean @ cs . cornell . edu (Dean Krafft)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 94 13:11:12 -0500
To: firewalls @ greatcircle . com

I'm planning on setting up a firewall with a screening router
and bastion host, using the TIS toolkit to handle authentication
and forwarding on the host.  I am also thinking of using the
DEC CRL Xforward program to handle our need for running remote
X clients.

I have heard that there are problems with using Xforward on SUN
systems (connections don't get made reliably, etc.).  Does anyone
have any experience with this?  Does it matter whether I'm running
SunOS 4.1.x or Solaris 2.x?  Is there another alternative system
I should be looking at for doing X through my firewall?

					Dean Krafft
					Director of Computing Facilities
					Computer Science Dept.
					Cornell University
					(607) 255-9214
					dean @
 cs .
 cornell .
 edu

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Xyplex filtering problem