Subject: Telnet application gateway and VMS loginout.exe
From: Tom Irwin - 865-1818 <TRI @ psulias . psu . edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 1994 16:57:51 -0500 (EST)
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

Do any of you VMS wizards out there know of a way to grab an incoming Telnet
connection request, and based on the source IP address, allow the telnet connection to
a specific username.  I'm aware of the VMS ALF utility and how you can match
specific ip addresses to specific usernames.  I would like to be able to
force logins to specific usernames if the ip address is NOT in the ALF table,
or forces users from specific networks or subnets to a specific captive login
account.   Ever hear of anything like this?

Thanks!

Tom

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Security Devices Help needed