Subject: Querying a router using SNMP
From: btaylor @ integain . com (Bob Taylor - InteGain Corporation)
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 1994 12:22:27 -0400
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . com

As part of a firewall that I am creating, I need to be able to query a local
Timeplex AccessRouter via SNMP to determine statistics.  I am working on
determining exactly which MIB entries will be used.  I will be coding in C
under SOLARIS 2.

If anyone has done anything similar - querying using SNMP from a host using
C - or has any thoughts on the pros and cons of implementing this, I would
appreciate receiving his or her thoughts, comments or coding suggestions or
samples.

Thanks.

Bob Taylor            InteGain Corporation       Ontario, CANADA
EMail: btaylor @
 integain .
 com
Voice: (416) 410-2628
    The cogency of the abovenoted thoughts is not guaranteed

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: A bit off the subject...