There are a few things that you can do if you want to run a firewall on NT.
1. Hope the kernel holds up.
2. Some HTTP Proxies exists that could be used as part of a firewall.
3. Wait until 1/1/96 when Raptor releases Eagle for NT (estimated time
4. Wait until Firewall-1 comes out with it (I haven't heard anything from
them about it but why would I)
5. Microsoft MAY be releasing some proxy servers this year.
Basically a number of options but none of them really help now. Keep in
mind that if you use NT for a firewall in the near future, you will be
breaking new ground and it is difficult to determine the level of security
that can be offered. Only source code and time can really tell.
Steve Moubray DCC, Inc.
(612) 378-4469 Fax (612) 378-4401
|From: Steve Kennedy <steve @
|Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 01:32:56 +0100 (BST)
|Subject: Re: NT Firewall
|According to Ricardo Cropalato de Melo
|> Hi everybody
|> I'm trying to build a NT firewall, but I don't know were can I get
|> this products. Anybody know were can I get firewall software to run
|> above WIN NT.
|It's rumoured FireWall-1 by CheckPoint Software Technology will be ported
|to NT soon'ish.
|Dont ask me when - I dont know ...
|In fact I know nothing when it comes to most things :)
|home steve @
org * Flat 2, 43 Howitt Road, Belsize Pk, London NW3
|work steve @
net * tel +44-(0)171 483 1169 FAX +44-(0)181 444
|www http://www.gbnet.net/ * GSM mobile +44-(0)802 444 500
|bits steve @
net * GSM data @2400 0802-449500 @9600 449501 fax
|Euro firewall info - send mail to majordomo @