> Sorry guys, but a bare executible with warnings and no sources
> doesn't cut it. If something blows up, I sure like to roll up my
> shirt sleaves and try and figure out what went wrong.
Now Ah is just a dumb dawg, but wanting to try something
(preferably on somebody else's system), Ah would do the following:
1) look around for a HP system that could be trashed and restored if
2) make a complete backup of the system by booting off a Support tape,
getting to the ISL prompt and running ode and copyutil. It takes about
5 hours to make a complete backup on a couple of tape cartridges, but
you can ALWAYS restore the system from these;
3) install the code you can get, as opposed to what you want, and watch
the system for a while afterwards for possible trojans;
4) install a sniffer on an adjacent system that logs every connection
and scan those logs for a couple of weeks until you see you have no
un-intended back doors;
5) if you skip any of these steps, expect to be seriously bit.
And being a somewhat stoopid dawg, Ah writes sleaves as sleeves.
Sick Puppy, the Cat_Eating_Dawg
the Church of the Dead Meow
---:::((( !HP Security Consultant ))):::---