Subject: Reading news via a firewall
From: gunni @ if . is (Gunnar Ingvi Thorisson)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 13:17:04 +0000 (GMT)
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . com

  I'm looking for a simple solution for reading news via a firewall. I've
a Linux firewall set up on our local network and lot of PCs running Win
3.x, Win95 and/or WinNT Workstations on the protected network. The
problem is that the machines on the protected network must be able to
read news via/through the firewall at the news host. Is there a
simple/good solution for a Linux firewall? A gateway or something? If so,
what news agents do support that gateway solution?

Hope someone can help me, best regards, Gunni

    .------.
    | News |
    `------'

 ---Firewall---

       `-------------Protected network

 Gunnar Ingvi Thorisson                      E-Mail address:  gunni @
 if .
 is
 System administrator

 Iceland Software Inc.
 Sudurlandsbraut 4, IS-108 Reykjavík, Iceland
 Phone: (+354) 588-1511  Fax: (+354) 588-8728

Indexed By Date Previous: On Guard Experiences?