Subject: Hostile attack (was Dirty Dogs)
From: "Hassan Karim" <Hassan . Karim @ usda . gov>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 9:42:00 -0400
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM (Receipt Notification Requested)
X400-mts-identifier: [ /P=GOV+USDA/A=ATTMAIL/C=US/ ; 31EE5171.1DBD.438C.000 ]

I would perceive it as hostile but not really be
too concerned because you weren't successful.

However if you had been successful then the
proper legal actions would have been taken. and
since I work for the government, I think I would
have had to involve the Secret Service or other
White House Security.

>>> firewalls-owner @
 GreatCircle .
 COM@i
07/12/96 06:38pm >>>

On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, Matthew Keenan wrote:
> and try snmp probing the routers closest to the
target address.

Querying whois and dns is one thing, but some
sites might conceive your
probing their routers as hostile action.

For the list: Would you? Would you detect it? ;)

Cheers.

- PS
--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps @
 pacific .

Fast, secure, cheap. Pick two.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: More hacker info from Forbes