Subject: CheckPoint support
From: A_Ashman @ ix . netcom . com (Avi Ashman)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 08:23:02 -0700
To: firewalls @ greatcircle . com

Hi,

I've been following this Firewall listing for quite some time and find
it very informative.  I've seen the discussions on CheckPoint support
and would like to add my two cents to the issues.

I work for a large financial company (for this reason I'm using my
private E-Mail address) that has some dealing with CheckPoint.  I
aggree that the support given, on behalf of CheckPoint, by Sun and
other VARs is poor (we did not work with Qualix that some of you
praise) and CheckPoint ought to work on improving it if they want to
keep their market share.  But I have good experience with working
directly with CheckPoint Tech support and developers both in the US and
in Israel.  Maybe because we are such a large company with potential of
buying many copies of their products.  The truth of the matter is I was
very impressed by their responsiveness.  I spent hours with both
support or developers on debuging some of our problems (a few of which
were caused by Sun's screwed up ordering, licensing and support systems
for this product).  Patches were written, tested and sent to us within
days.  In addition, they are responsive to our suggestions.

CheckPoint and Sun sure need to improve the general support for the
product (better documentations and examples please), but so far I give
thumb up.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: RE:PREDICTIONS, MUST BE BREAK TIME...