Subject: [Thanks!] I lost root password!
From: Juyoung Park <jypark @ comsun . chungnam . ac . kr>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 12:48:11 +1000
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

Thanks you all!!
For your help, I can do with my system.
I really appreciate your help..

First I booted with cdrom (boot cdrom -sw)..

Then I edited passwd & shadow file..  --> Oops! Password file was corrupted!!
So I decided to erase it and make another one! and, make accounts again..
Then, as you told me, I mounted all my file system.

Maybe, I think it seems foolish of me eraseing all accounts & making new
accounts.. but as for me, there's no way to recover I think..  *.^

Actually, this is my first time, loosing root passwd & crashing my file system..

Would you give me your suggestions making my system more robust?
And thank you in advance..

Indexed By Date Previous: thanks(was re: transparent AG)