Subject: Re: proxying characteristics of smtp
From: stevelee @ accessone . com
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 13:55:50 -0700
To: Mike Dilworth <mjd @ soi . city . ac . uk>, firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM
Comments: Authenticated sender is <stevelee @ mail . accessone . com>

> From:          Mike Dilworth <mjd @
 soi .
 city .
 ac .
 uk>
> To:            "'firewalls @
 GreatCircle .
 COM'" <firewalls @
 GreatCircle .

> Subject:       proxying characteristics of smtp
> Date:          Sat, 27 Jul 1996 08:11:59 +0300

> hi all
>
> can you help...I want to set up a smtp server on a firewall which will then pass all mail onto an internal mail hub..pretty standard stuff...
>
> I'm doing this in M$ NT and using exchange as the internal mail hub, but dont want to buy 2 expensive exchange servers, so i got hold of altavista mail server for the firewall.  After looking at thi
>
> Now I have looked at these, and what i make of them is that you can specify which hosts receive the mail and in what order of preference, just in case one goes down..etc.  but I cant see a way that
>
> any pointers much appreciated..
>
> mike

You can easily do this on an NT system running Software.com's
Post.Office product. You can get more info on the product and
the cost at http://www.software.com. An advantage with the
Post.Office product is that the configuration can be administered
with a browser such as Netscape Navigator.
Steven Lee
Vice President, Consulting Services
OpenSystems, Inc.
E-Mail: steve @
 opensys .
 com
Web: www.opensys.com

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Remote Access Software
From: "Todd Glassey, Consultant" <tglassey @ earthlink . net>
Next: Firewall farms
From: meowmyx @ morebbs . com
Indexed By Thread Previous: RE: proxying characteristics of smtp
From: Mike Dilworth <mjd @ soi . city . ac . uk>
Next: packet filtering routers
From: Mike Dilworth <mjd @ soi . city . ac . uk>