Subject: Re: question...
From: "Joseph S. D. Yao" <jsdy @ cospo . osis . gov>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 23:52:58 -0400
To: root @ bert . markettech . com
Cc: dhesi @ rahul . net, firewalls @ greatcircle . com

(To the list: I'm sorry, I wanted to drop it there; but Mr. Myers
raises some questions that probably should be aired.  Any further
correspondence, I hope, needn't go through this list.)

> Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 21:32:27 -0400
> From: root <root @
 bert .
 markettech .
 com>

>    I just re-read your email.  I have a question.  Where did you find
> the information about us E-mailing bulk E-mail.  We never started that
> service and have no plans to.  We do provide an auto-responder service
> that can be used in conjunction with other bulk email companies like
> Cyber Promotions.
>
>    As I mentioned in my previous message MarketTech does not support
> BULK email and especially posting to USENET newsgroups commercial
> information.
>
> Mike Myers

Since you asked, I went back and did a more careful comparison of the
quotes I had received and your home page.  The parts AFTER the "..." of
each of the two paragraphs correspond exactly to parts of your home
page and the Auto-Responder part of your Internet Services page.  What
I understand from them, especially the part on the home page, is that
you do provide bulk e-mail services.  Perhaps it's a problem of how the
lines are read.

As for the parts before the "..."s, I couldn't find them.  I did note,
though, that your home page states that all of the pages are in a state
of flux.  When I first read the posting, I had no reason to doubt that
the person making that posting had read them where he said.  (I would
have been more comfortable without the ellipses: you can leave out a
lot with three little dots.)  Perhaps it would be best if he replied,
telling where he found them.  (Preferably, not to the list: anybody who
is really curious how this ends up can ask via e-mail.)

--
Joe Yao				jsdy @
 cospo .

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: junk mail