> Can someone tell me, if there are commercial firewalls, who can
> recognize and eliminate virus on internet, before entering in the
> private net ?
On a general level, any thoughts on the (dis)advantages of embedding virus
scanning hooks in ftp/mail/http/etc *client* software. The idea is to
have the client software invoke a virus checker and either release or wipe
the new file based on the scan result.
1. can be done post PGP/etc decoding
2. can be client-platform specific
3. utilises the virus scanner that all PCs etc have already ;-)
1. relies on users client configuration to do the right thing
2. lots of scanning software copies to maintain