There is a virus newsgroup at comp.virus!
At 01:58 PM 12/3/96 -0500, you wrote:
* > What a moron!
* > ----------
* > From: Warren Moore[SMTP:warren .
* > Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 1996 1:09 AM
* > To: firewalls-digest
* > Subject: Strange Virus...
* > There is a computer virus that is being sent across the Internet.
* > If you receive an e-mail message with the subject line "Free Money,"
* > DO NOT read the message. DELETE it immediately, UNPLUG your computer,
* > then BURN IT to ASHES in a government-approved toxic waste disposal
* > INCINERATOR.
* [satirical rant deleted]
* Actually, I thought it was rather funny. And just think, if everyone who
* actually BELIEVED it, followed the instructions, network security would have
* been improved by a huge margin in one fell stroke.
* - jcp
* Jody C. Patilla jcp @
* Trusted Information Systems Glenwood, Md.
Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission
Andrea Brenton Hurwitz Group, Inc
IS Manager 29 Crafts St
com Newton, MA 02158
"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
- Bertrand Russell
Views expressed are my own and not that of my employer or clients.