NAT is a small part of my overall security plan. I'm looking for the
best way to implement NAT, primarily from a cost and performance
standpoint. Currently, I know of three ways to do NAT:
1) Install and configure a firewall
2) Dedicate a host, using software such as IPRoute
3) Configure a router (e.g. Cisco with IOS 11.2 and "IP Options")
I'm looking for feedback on the following:
1) What is my best dollar/cost solution?
2) Are there other ways to implement NAT that I'm not aware of?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.