jeff <oliver @
ua> asked about the preferred order for the rule
set in fw-1 and someone answered that it starts at rule 1 and works its
way down until a condition is satisfied or the last rule is reached.
I hope i am not splitting hairs here but with solstice fw-1, things are
a little more complicated as there are control properties that form part
of the rules.
I think the order works like this :
1. Control properties labeled FIRST are matched first.
2. Rule are matched according to the order in the rule base (except the
3. Control properties labeled BEFORE LAST are then matched.
4. The last rule in the rule base is matched
5. Control properties labeled LAST are then matched.
To complicate mattters further there is an implicit LAST rule in the
rule base that silently drops anything that hasn't been matched by any
of the above.
hope this helps
rudi <rudi @