Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(December 1997)

Subject: Good Books To Read
From: Sandman <sandman @ unitedcouncil . org>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 12:03:28 -0500
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

>>       Practicle UNIX and Internet Security (Garfinkel and Spafford)
>>       Building Internet Firewalls (Chapman and Zwicky)

>Good books.  Add:
>Cheswick and Bellovin - my old brain can't remember the actual title.
>(Something about tracking the wiley hacker or some such - should be
>the first book on your list though, IMHO...)

" The Kucoo's Egg " written by Clifford Stall is a book about a Unix
admin tracking down a hacker that was brakeing in to his computer along
with other goverment computers. Its a very good book. " Take Down " is
another grate book. It was written by Tsutomu Shimomura about how he
tracked down Kevin Mitnick,  "America's Most Wanted Computer Outlaw,"
They even have a web page that you can visit http://www.takedown.com. As
for a little history www.takedown.com web page was hacked the 1st day it
was online. The hackers rename it to " Taken Down "
 " The Watchman ", written by Jonathan Littman is a book about the life
story of Hacker Kevin Poulsen. These are all grate books to read and are
all true storys.

    - Sandman -
The United Council
www.unitedcouncil.org
sandman @
 unitedcouncil .
 org

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Growing trend..