Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(December 1997)

Subject: RE: Good Books To Read
From: "Crowe, Peter" <peterc @ netsol . com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 12:36:23 -0500
To: "'sandman @ unitedcouncil . org'" <sandman @ unitedcouncil . org>, firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

The Shimomura book reads more like a Harlequin romance novel than a
factual recounting of the events. He even has one section which details
his attempts at seducing somebody else's wife. Why is this included in
the story and why is this book even recommended????

 unitedcouncil .
 org]
> Sent:	Wednesday, November 12, 1997 12:03 PM
> To:	firewalls @
 GreatCircle .
 COM
> Subject:	Good Books To Read
>
> >>       Practicle UNIX and Internet Security (Garfinkel and Spafford)
> >>       Building Internet Firewalls (Chapman and Zwicky)
>
> >Good books.  Add:
> >Cheswick and Bellovin - my old brain can't remember the actual title.
> >(Something about tracking the wiley hacker or some such - should be
> >the first book on your list though, IMHO...)
>
> " The Kucoo's Egg " written by Clifford Stall is a book about a Unix
> admin tracking down a hacker that was brakeing in to his computer
> along
> with other goverment computers. Its a very good book. " Take Down " is
> another grate book. It was written by Tsutomu Shimomura about how he
> tracked down Kevin Mitnick,  "America's Most Wanted Computer Outlaw,"
> They even have a web page that you can visit http://www.takedown.com.
> As
> for a little history www.takedown.com web page was hacked the 1st day
> it
> was online. The hackers rename it to " Taken Down "
>  " The Watchman ", written by Jonathan Littman is a book about the
> life
> story of Hacker Kevin Poulsen. These are all grate books to read and
> are
> all true storys.
>

>     - Sandman -
> The United Council
> www.unitedcouncil.org
> sandman @
 unitedcouncil .
 org

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Growing trend..