Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(December 1997)

Subject: Re: NT or not
From: EMAIL!BGII!NiemannD @ ballygam . attmail . com (Niemann, Darrel)
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 14:14:00 +0000
To: firewalls-digest @ GreatCircle . COM ('Firewall Newsgroup')
Default-options: /RECEIPT

Wow,

I have only been member of this list for one day, and already I have
learned a lot!

Thanks for you opinions, guys.

Looks like there are many diehard UNIX peops out there;

One response I got dealt with a firewall that I didn't know of, Raptor
Eagle for NT/UNIX. I guess that one is an application level firewall,
which is, according to them anyway, the best way to go.

Hm, what do you guys think? Is it really the "ultimate" in firewall
protection (for NT, at least?).
Are most other firewalls operating on layer 3?

Regards,

Indexed By Date Previous: Checkpoint FW-1 NAT v's Routing problem