Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(December 1997)

Subject: Re[2]: Firewalls-Digest V6 #574
From: "Guse, Darren J." <dguse @ ccmail . zim . bms . com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 08:11:25 -0500 (EST)
To: jsk347 @ sprynet . com, Christophe Dupre <cdupre @ risq . qc . ca>
Cc: Firewalls @ GreatCircle . com

     >>What is badly needed is not a form of verification, but a way to
     >>prevent the user to add DLL or registry entries...

     Try WRQ at 800-872-2829.  They have a product called Express Meter
     that will inform you of all software ran at a workstation regardless
     of weather it is Win 3x, Win 95, Win NT or DOS.  It will also tell you
     if the user runs a program off of a floppy.  You can also tell it to
     NOT allow users to run certain exe's including install.exe and
     setup.exe.  We have been running the product for about 9 months and
     works very well.

     Darren Guse
     Manager of Computer Operations and Network Services
     Linvatec Corp

Indexed By Date Previous: RE: NetRanger vs. CyberCop