Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(December 1997)

Subject: Any firewalls do budgeting ?
From: ccf15429 @ cc . iitd . ernet . in (Akhila Sinha)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 17:14:54 +0530 (IST)
To: firewalls @ greatcircle . com
Cc: akhila @ cc . iitd . ernet . in

We would like to implement a budgeting and accounting procedures
for our internet connections on a per user basis.

Some firewall products, FW-1 and Milkyway SecurIT provide
User Authentication at the firewall, and monitoring.  The
sales brochures on SecurIT also says that the access for a user
can be curtailed / disabled after some time-out period.

Can these features be used to effectively share limited
bandwidth with defined budgets on time / bandwidht.

Perhaps there are othr products which provide more substantial
budgeting control ?

I would appreciate if any one could share her / his experience
in this area.

Indexed By Date Previous: Checkpoint panic?