Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(December 1997)

Subject: Re: System Auditing ...
From: Hal Miller <hal @ tera . tera . com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 08:54:49 -0800 (PST)
To: sundaram @ austin . asc . slb . com
Cc: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

sundaram @
 austin .
 asc .
 slb .
 com writes:
> 	I've been looking fruitlessly on the net for system auditing
> documents -- not necessarily a checklist, but how an audit of a network
> / system would be performed. This would include, for example, physical
> security, OS security, personnel security, social engineering and more.
> Would anyone know where to find any information on auditing ?
>
> Thanks
> --Robin

Robin,

The System Administrators Guild (SAGE) is currently working on a Short
Topics pamphlet in exactly this.  I hope we'll have it out some time
mid-1998.  I also understand that Wietse Venema and Dan Farmer were
working on a full-length book on the topic.
--
| Hal Miller (HAM10) System Administrator | President, SAGE-US              |
| Tera Computer Company      hal @
 tera .
 com | voice: +1(206)490-2063          |
| 2815 Eastlake Ave E                     | fax: +1(206)325-2433            |
| Seattle, Washington 98102-3027          | page: 800-759-8888 PIN: 1106182 |