Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(December 1997)

Subject: Check Point vs. Gauntlet
From: "Takacs Istvan" <anonymus @ mail . matav . hu>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 17:02:36 +0100
To: <Firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM>

Hi,

Could you help me?

My company wants to change its firewall software from DEC
AltaVista 96 to either Firewall-1, or Gauntlet.

I have to choose, but I don't know any of them, so I'd like to ask you
please, help me.

Do you have any experiences in that softwares? Which is better, and why?
It has to protect a quite large internal network, about 160 PCs and
servers.

The os is Win NT 4.0 Server.

Regards

                   Istvan Takacs
       mailto:anonymus @
 mail .
 matav .
 hu

p.s. Please, write to my e-mail adress, too.

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: RE: FireWall for Dial-In Users