Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(December 1997)

Subject: RE: tis gauntlet telnet timeout
From: Joseph Judge <joej @ ma . ultranet . com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 14:05:18 -0500
To: "'Prahl V. E. (Von.)'" <z76399 @ upr . com>, "firewalls-digest @ GreatCircle . COM" <firewalls-digest @ GreatCircle . COM>

I grep'd for "cfg_get" (config get call) in the tn-gw.c FWTK 2.0 code.
There is a "timeout" variable. So, in the /usr/local/etc/netperm-table,
place a line with:
tn-gw:	timeout xxxx

(in seconds?)

	- joe

On Wednesday, December 31, 1997 12:44 PM, Prahl V. E. (Von.)
[SMTP:z76399 @
 upr .
 com] wrote:
> Is there a way to alter the connection timeout on gauntlet?  I have
> users telneting thru my firewall via skey who ocassionally run batch
> jobs on remote systems and need to be able to sustain connections for
> an hour or so.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Von Prahl

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Intrusion Detection - Switched Network