Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(February 1998)

Subject: Sendmail/smap anti-relay measures
From: "Williams, Todd" <TWilliams @ herald . com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 16:08:04 -0500
To: "'firewalls @ greatcircle . com'" <firewalls @ greatcircle . com>

Is there any way to prevent a firewall running smapd (port 25) from
acting as a mail relay for mail that neither came from, nor is going to,
your domain?  Our mailer is sendmail 8.8.8, and I've put into my
sendmail.cf the anti-relay measures suggested on several websites
(sendmail.org being one).  If I kill smap & just run sendmail as a
daemon, they work great.  However, if I run smapd as the primary
listener, the rules fail & the mail gets relayed.  Thanks!

Todd Williams
The Miami Herald
twilliams @
 herald .
 com
305-376-3042

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: RE: MS ProxyServer 2.0 sucks