Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(February 1998)

Subject: RE: Certfying Auditors
From: RAKESH GOYAL <sysman @ bom2 . vsnl . net . in>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 10:32:58 +0530
To: "firewalls-digest @ GreatCircle . COM" <firewalls-digest @ GreatCircle . COM>, "'edpaudit @ i-2000 . com'" <edpaudit @ i-2000 . com>
Cc: "'Patrice Rapalus'" <prapalus @ mfi . com>, "'ISACA-USA'" <certification @ isaca . org>, "'Rakesh Goyal - Sysman, Mumbai, India'" <sysman @ bom2 . vsnl . net . in>, "'mht @ clark . net'" <mht @ clark . net>, "'cbrenton @ sover . net'" <cbrenton @ sover . net>, "'Krause_MS @ exchange . phs . com'" <Krause_MS @ exchange . phs . com>

Dear Jeffrey,
(Jeffrey Loewenstein
 edpaudit @
 i-2000 .
 com)

I understand your sentiments and endorse the same. Big 6 has the brand. Brand sells. But, it is not difficult for you too. There is market for every ware and services. It is up to you, what you offer, how you define the product and package it. You can create your brand. It needs some more marketing efforts.

CERTIFICATION :

Regarding certifying Systems Audit / System Security professionals - there are at least 4 organisations, which are doing the certification. These are -

1. International Information System Security Certification Consortium     (visit isc2.org). Certifies Certified Information Systems Security     Professional (CISSP).
2. Computer Security Institute (visit gocsi.com) - promotor of isc2.
3. Information Systems Audit and Control Association (visit isaca.org)        certifies Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
4. National Centre for Research in Computer Crimes (visit ncrcc.org)     Certifies Certified Computer Crimes Investigator (CCCI).

There may be more. You need to search and please let me know also.

Rakesh Goyal