Subject: Re: Breaking the PIX box.. (was: What is a good Firewall?)
From: rdew @ el . nec . com (Bob De Witt)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 15:49:27 -0800
To: sutherland @ mail . com
Cc: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

Chris,

I have used PIX boxes for several years, albeit sporadically.  I have not heard
of anyone breaking into a PIX once it was configured.  I would really like to
know how you did it, so I can take appropriate precautions next time.

TIA,

Bob De Witt,
(this gig email address:   rdew @
 el .
 nec .
 com)
(next gig [after 4/10/98]email address:   rdew @
 [ .
  .
  .
 tbd .
  .
  .
 ])
The views expressed herein are my own,
and are not attributable to any other
source, be it employer, friend or foe.

> From sutherland @
 mail .
 com Thu Mar 26 14:01:49 1998
> From: "Chris Sutherland" <sutherland @
 mail .
 com>
> To: <firewalls @
 GreatCircle .

> Subject: Breaking the PIX box.. (was: What is a good Firewall?)
> Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 10:08:33 -0700
>
> Okie Lads,
>
> as i have had a number of requests, I will post a detailed description of
> PIX attacks, possibly even with scripts (but let me make sure i'm not
> violating an NDA before i do). Either way, you'll have the juicy bits on
> your desktops in a day or two.
>
> I would like to make this comment as well, and please, just send the flames
> directly to me. Given today technology and the skill of our adversaries,
> don't you think any company advertising their product as "inpenetrable" to
> be incredibly naive? After all, wasn't there a ship that had the same
> claims?
>

> chris

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Questions :)