Subject: Encryption Survey at
From: "Michael H. Warfield" <mhw @ wittsend . com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 13:23:35 -0400 (EDT)
To: firewalls @ greatcircle . com

	In consideration that encryption plays a big role in VPN's,
firewalls, and other security issues, I thought that this might be
of some interest to the members of the firewalls mailing list...

	I found this in the latest (April 1998) issue of "Computer"
from IEEE:

	The IEEE Computer Society is conducting a poll on encryption
policy.  It says "members poll" but they are encouraging non-member
participation.  While it is unlikely to be a scientifically balanced
poll (it's target audience is a little skewed) the more participants
the better.  They do ask to please only submit one response per person
be it by mail, fax, or web...

	Go to and follow the member poll link
from there.

 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhw @
 WittsEnd .
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: linux based firewall cookbook...