Subject: RE: socks versus fw-1 stateful inspection vulnerabilities
From: "Ron Snyder" <snyder @ roguewave . com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 09:27:28 -0800
To: Jeff Kalwerisky <jeffk @ secure-it . net>
Cc: firewalls @ greatcircle . com
Comments: Authenticated sender is <snyder @ mail . cvo . roguewave . com>

[most of jeff's reply to frank has been snipped-- I was unable to
pick out a minimal portion to include for reference-- if this causes
a problem for you, email me and I'll send you a copy]

You really ought to go back and read what you wrote-- at least
Frank's post had some substance.  Your post amounted to nothing more
than sarcasm.  He posted some opinions and explained them, while you
did nothing more than delete the technical dissussion and attack his
non-technical statements.  That wouldn't be because you have no
ammunition against the technical discussion, would it?

> More to the point, computer security proponents will never be
> regarded as "professionals" by  senior management as long as we show
> ourselves incapable of rational argument, understanding that the

Exactly who demonstrated themselves to be incapable of rational
argument?

-ron

--
ron snyder   snyder @