Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1993)

Subject: Re: Compuserve-MCIMail email (fwd)
From: rick @ ssg . com (Rick Emerson)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 93 13:21:01 GMT
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

It's one thing to act as a gateway from MCI to CI$ or GEnie, etc. but
I no reason to feel squeamish about "broadcasting" a message from a
CI$ subscriber to the world at large (including MCIMail, etc.).  If,
in fact, there is a filter that looks for non-Internet to non_Internet
transfers, then it's time to write a filter (I recommend perl) that
"adjusts" the From: and credits the author in the text.  Having
written, in perl, daemons to imitate BSMTP, I know this is not a
difficult task.

Rick

| Richard B. Emerson     | Replies may be sent to:                         |
| System Support Group   |                        rick@ssg.com             |
| 940 Delaware Avenue    |-------------------------------------------------+
| Lansdale, PA 19446 USA | "When you ski, you dance with the mountain --   |
| Voice: 215.855.1607    |  and the mountain always leads."                |

Indexed By Date Previous: Compuserve-MCIMail email (fwd)
From: paul@nic.gac.edu (Paul Kleeberg)
Next: Re: Compuserve-MCIMail email (fwd)
From: hirai@cc.swarthmore.edu (Eiji Hirai)
Indexed By Thread Previous: Compuserve-MCIMail email (fwd)
From: paul@nic.gac.edu (Paul Kleeberg)
Next: Re: Compuserve-MCIMail email (fwd)
From: hirai@cc.swarthmore.edu (Eiji Hirai)