Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1993)

Subject: Re: list of beginner's InterNet books
From: "Michael H. Morse" <mmorse @ z . nsf . gov>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1993 08:42:55 EST
To: Dave Hayes <dave @ elxr . jpl . Nasa . gov>, Gene Rackow <rackow @ antares . mcs . anl . gov>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

> > There is also a major problem in that many people on the lists JUST
> > DO NOT READ.
>
> On the lists or not, this is a common affliction of people everywhere.
> Myself included. :-)

My experience (which includes myself) is that hardly *anybody* reads
things before they try the intuitive (to them, that is) action.  If that
doesn't work, probably 95% will read and follow an informative error
message.  This is how the PC revolution has trained people, so we better
get used to it.

--Mike

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: list of beginner's InterNet books