Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(May 1993)

Subject: Are .BITNET addresses poison?
From: phoffman @ netcom . com (Paul E. Hoffman)
Date: Tue, 18 May 93 21:10:47 PDT
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Boy, do ***I*** have 100 people pissed at me. I run a mailing list about
ayurveda (health from India). Today, I added about 6 new people with .BITNET
addresses. The next few letters that went to the mailing list caused over
200 "error" messages like that shown below. I put "error" in quotes because
it doesn't look like it is even an error. Everyone on the list got the damn
200 messages.

I took off all the .BITNET addresses, sent out an apology letter, and it
looks OK for now.

Should I never allow .BITNET addresses on my list?
Is nettlerash sick?
Any guesses?

>>Paul Hoffman

Indexed By Date Previous: mail delivery error