Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1995)

Subject: Re: <ad> GUARANTEED CREDIT REPAIR BY LAW FIRM
From: Annius . Groenink @ cwi . nl (Annius Groenink)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 1995 18:16:58 +0100 (MET)
To: brown @ eff . org (Dan Brown)
Cc: pat @ suntan . tandem . com, harnad @ ecs . soton . ac . uk, Annius . Groenink @ cwi . nl, ccapc @ cyber . sell . com, List-Managers @ greatcircle . com, lstown-l%searn . BITNET @ uunet . uu . net, moderators @ uunet . uu . net

Dan Brown <brown@eff.org> writes:

> All that aside, this was, ad far as the headers appear, posted from Panix:
>
> (picking a random copy of the spam...)

> This, BTW, appears to have pushed one of my news partitions over its
> limit and choked news here temporarily. Really kinda pisses me off.
> A cross posting would have been lots gentler.

Maybe.  But shame - shame = shame,  for it would still have cluttered
all moderated news groups.  That makes two major offenses.  Is there
really nothing civilized yet adequate we can penalize these people with?

There should be.

--
Annius V. Groenink | avg@cwi.nl              | Private/Edith/ZFC:
CWI, Kruislaan 413 | zfc@zfc.nl              | P.O. Box 12079