Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1995)

From: Mathias . Koerber @ swi . com . sg (Mathias Koerber)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 09:08:37 +0800 (SST)
To: moore @ cs . utk . edu (Keith Moore)
Cc: nruggles @ panix . com, list-managers-digest @ GreatCircle . COM, moore @ cs . utk . edu
Disclaimer: My company pays me to work, not speak for them. So there !

According to Keith Moore

| > When promoting clients on the net, my partners and I would like to
| > distribute announcements and special offers to relevant mailing lists, but
| > we DON'T want to antagonize subscribers or list owners. So how should we do
| > it?
|
| There may be no way to do so.  Mailing lists aren't generally created
| for the purpose of allowing people to advertise on them.  Your
| question is sort of like asking "how does one knit a slice of cake?"

How about this scheme:

Mailing lists with subscribers interested in public announcements/ads could
establish a companion list for just such things...

--
Mathias Koerber                                        Tel: +65 / 7780066 x 29
SW International Systems Pte Ltd                            Fax: +65 / 7779401