Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: fresh horror from AOL
From: Brad Knowles <brad @ his . com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 01:28:06 -0500
To: "Nathan J. Mehl" <nmehl @ leftbank . com>
Cc: meo @ schoneal . com, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 11:20 AM -0500 1/30/1997, Nathan J. Mehl wrote:
>In the immortal words of Brad Knowles:
>> 	We are *very* interested in being proper net.citizens, and are
>> not only working to adhere to the rules to the best of our ability
>> (as model net.citizens), we are also helping to write the rules when
>> there is new ground that hasn't really stabilized yet.
>I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if this is the case,
>why are unverified accounts still able to send email and post to

	We verify credit cards interactively.  You cannot use a fake
credit card number to get an AOL account.  I'm not sure what else you
might mean by "unverified accounts", though.

Brad Knowles,                                  MIME/PGP:
    comp.mail.sendmail FAQ Maintainer     <>
        finger for my PGP Public Keys and Geek Code
The comp.mail.sendmail FAQ is at <>

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: fresh horror from AOL