Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: Educating large masses of users (was: Re: fresh horror
From: Paul Graham <pjg @ acsu . buffalo . EDU>
Date: 05 Feb 1997 00:51:12 -0500
To: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

i'm not positive what you had to program but it sounds like you could use
an mta that supports in-bound wildcards.  then you could set the bounce
address, from line and reply-to line to a user specific address and process
them with a single (or worst case one per list) return address and a few
lines of your favorite scripting language.

if you had a clever mlm (say listserv) you could teach it to schedule an
in-band probe (qlist, the predecessor of ezmlm, does this with every
message) every N days or after K bounces.

--
 paul
    pjg(at)acsu.Buffalo.EDU |public keys at:
                            |     http://urth.acsu.Buffalo.EDU/~pjg/key.html
    if the above contains opinions they are mine unless marked otherwise.

From: Brad Knowles <brad@his.com>
Next: Re: Educating large mass
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: Educating large masses of users (was: Re: fresh horror
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com>
Next: Re: Educating large masses of users (was: Re: fresh horror from
From: "Machine-Knit List Owner" <amys@iquest.net>