Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: fresh horror from AOL
From: Brad Knowles <brad @ his . com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 01:00:34 -0500
To: "J. Philip Miller" <phil @ wubios . wustl . edu>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

At 1:29 AM -0500 2/5/1997, J. Philip Miller wrote:

>This seems to be a valid model other businesses have adopted.  Blockbuster
>Video will only rent 3 tapes at a time for the first 20 rentals.  Many
>merchants will not accept "starter checks."  If you do not have an established
>record with most untilities they will want a special deposit, etc.

	This is an *excellent* point.  I believe that this will be about
as convincing an argument as we're likely to make, combined with some
of the other things that have been said.

	Thank you *very* much.

--
Brad Knowles,                                  MIME/PGP: brad@his.com
    comp.mail.sendmail FAQ Maintainer     <http://www.his.com/~brad/>