Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: hypocrisy
From: Cindy Stanley <connect @ ecentral . com>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 1997 18:01:32 -0700
To: Kynn Bartlett <kynn @ idyllmtn . com>
Cc: "D. J. Bernstein" <djb @ koobera . math . uic . edu>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

> The best reason NOT to use qmail wrote:
> > > Please move your marketing messages to private e-mail.
> > So Brad can spend a message making unjustified claims about speed, and
> > concluding ``sendmail simply has no equals, and no serious challengers
> > (IMO),'' and that's not ``marketing''?

> Please move your accusations of hypocrisy to private email.

> > Put an end to unauthorized mail relaying. http://pobox.com/~djb/qmail.html

To which Kynn wisely asked:

> How about just putting an end to this little cat fight, children?

Yes, please do.  As list managers/maintainers I rather thought we all were
quite aware of the need to show respect and civility during a list
disagreement???

I personally don't mind listening to both sides of the argument.  But I also
think that no one wants to continue listening to *what's* being said, because
of *how* it's being said.

Cindy
Unschooling List Mom
Aurora, Colorado
connect@ecentral.com
 _   _
  (*)____/|
  /       |   We do not see things as they are,
 /   |--\ |   we see things as we are.
(_)(_)  (_)                   - Talmudic Saying