Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 2000)

Subject: eGroups
From: Dorothy Firsching <firschng @ cais . com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 08:44:11 -0500
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

What have you folks done to keep eGroups from hijacking your lists?

I just received a message from them saying:

"You recently submitted a message to several of our groups
simultaneously. This is known as "cross-posting". Generally,
cross-posting is acceptable at eGroups. However, if you wish
to cross-post to groups, you must be a member of those groups.

Because you are not a member of the datamine-l group, your
cross-posted message was not delivered to the group.

If you would like to become a member of this group, please
or send email to
For further assistance, please email
or visit";

I am not only a member of the,
I founded it several years ago and administer it!  And my
message was, of course, posted, because the list is
moderated and I approved it.  Their version is "free" and

I went to eGroups and found out the list was founded on
October 22, 2000.

Has anyone had any success in getting them to stop doing this?

Dorothy Firsching

Dorothy Firsching
Nautilus Systems, Inc.
3867Alder Woods Court
Fairfax, VA  22032

Indexed By Date Previous: How to get reply-all to work