Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(August 2003)

Subject: Re: list policies about vacation programs
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:29:58 -0400
To: listmanagers <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

I didn't see this go by on the list, but it was intended to, so I'll reply from
my private copy....

On 13 Aug 2003 at 13:56, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> Now, on a more practical note, how would people on this list recommend
> configuring an autoresponder so that it ignores list traffic entirely,
> short of having to configure each list individually?

What about the simple "if it is not addressed specifically to me [either in to:
or cc:] don't autorespond to it".  I can't recall the last time I was on a list
that munged the 'to' header to be to-the-person instead of to-the-list.

  /Bernie\

mailto:bernie@fantasyfarm.com     Pearisburg, VA