Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(August 2003)

Subject: Re: list policies about vacation programs
From: Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey @ goldmark . org>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:07:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Berg Oswell wrote:

> Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
> > Consider how it scales. [...]

> 	Sure, getting 50 emails from one list post saying they're out of
> town might be annoying...but if the autoresponder is configured properly,
> you'll get ONLY 50.  So what's so bad about 50 emails?  Or 500?  Or half a
> million?  The point is that the guy running the autoresponder decided to
> do the polite, proper thing and not leave everybody hanging.

You must be using the words "polite" and "proper" in a ways that are
unfamiliar to me.

May I have your permission to quote your message on or from my rant on
this matter?

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                            http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/
 Hate spam?  Boycott MCI! http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/anti-spam/mci/

From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com>
Next: Don't feed Troll: [Was: list policies about vacation programs]